Monday, August 24, 2009

Easy Chocolate Pudding

Hi Everyone! Since getting home from my trip across the country with my toddler and a big belly I carry around now, I have been itching to get back into the kitchen and make things that I want to eat. I was gone for a long time and subject to whatever people fixed. While I truly appreciated that, I realized how much I love to be in my own kitchen!
So anyway, I found this pudding recipe on the back of an organic cornstarch box I was using and thought I'd try it. My little family loved it! And I even made theirs with rice milk since neither my husband or little son can have dairy. You could use raw milk, or whatever kind you use and have healthy pudding....wait, can pudding be healthy? At least it is not from a box or processed in any way! It is super easy to do!


Easy Chocolate Pudding
Prep Time: 15 min
Chill Time: 2 hours

2/3 cup whole cane sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
3 T unsweetened Cocoa
1/8 tsp salt
3 cups milk (I used rice milk for Steve and Luke)
2 T butter
1 tsp vanilla

*Combine sugar, corn starch, cocoa, and salt in medium saucepan.
*Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
*Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, and boil for 1 minute.
*Remove from heat.
*Stir in vanilla and butter.
*Pour into serving bowls, cover, and refrigerate for two hours.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...