Saturday, March 14, 2009

Raw Milk Hot Chocolate

I'm really posting this just to brag on my husband, Ted. He just made the most amazing hot chocolate I've ever consumed (possibly rivaled only once when I enjoyed liquid decadence at Angelina in Paris...but even that memory begins to fade in light of this new experience).

Thanks to Emily, I had a beautiful glass jar of raw milk in the fridge, and on this dreary Saturday afternoon, Ted offered to bring me a surprise while I worked on the computer. The only catch was that I couldn't come in and see what he was up to. Let me say, it was worth the wait! He made the hot chocolate on the stove, whipped up the most light and airy, delicious cream spooned straight from the top of the milk jar, and placed generous dollops into my apple green teacups. The cream looked like beautiful meringue surrounded by a sweet little ribbon of chocolate rimming the cup...

I still can't say how much I miss my broken camera. Perhaps if you saw a picture you'd believe that the experience was like sipping a chocolate cloud...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My mouth is watering. . .

- said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMM! Sounds amazing:)!! where can one get raw milk??....

Bethany Rydmark said...

Emily has a source that she can share about... I'm keeping my ears and eyes opened to see what I can find! Anyone want to go in on a milking cow?? :)

Heidi said...

Yummmmm. That sounds amazing. I love raw milk. And raw cream. And raw butter. Yum yum yum.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...