Saturday, December 13, 2008

Local Food Inspiration!

I just finished up In Defense of Food. Good read...I'm eager to chat with everyone in January!

My mom recently ran into the family friend who owns our CSA. He shared with her that his 140 or so shares for next season are all filled up and he has something like 120-130 additional families on the waiting list! I'm amazed and encouraged by the growing interest. Rock on. :)

I must admit, though, I still feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of great resources and great reads and great websites available to us... It seems like I stumble across new ones every other day, and my list gets longer and longer...

Here is the website I mentioned at last month's meeting, highlighting the Locavore Nation project. There are 15 individuals from around the country participating in the effort to acquire 80% of their foods "from local, organic, seasonal sources and then incorporate it into tasty, healthy meals."

And here are two more books that I've added to my eventual list: Plenty and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.

Happy reading, everyone! It's great to share these explorations with such a fun group of people...

Cheers,
Bethany

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...